Tuesday 15 January 2008

"And I would 500 miles and I would walk 500 hundred more..."


Well it wasn't quite as far as The Proclaimers would go but here's the evidence of my mammoth walk a few days ago. By the end of the day it was up to 28,000 steps! To give you a rough idea of distance, that's about 15 miles. Go me!

The pedometer is proving to be a really helpful tool in my daily exercise routine so far. If you have one anywhere in your home, it's certainly worth digging it out, if not, they're not too expensive to buy . Check the batteries, clip it on and you're away, simple as that! Get a rough idea of how many steps you are taking in a day-you might be surprised!

For information about the recommended daily number of steps you should be taking to stay healthy, check my earlier posting here.

If you do try this out, I would love to hear from you. It's always more fun to do this at the same time as other people and to cheer each other on.

The Foot

PS. The 28000 step day was a bit of a one off and my average typically is somewhere between 7000 and 10,000 steps a day at the moment.

No comments: